SERVING: 4 LOAVES APPROX 48 BISCOTTI PREP TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN COOK TIME: 15-18 MIN
3 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup finely ground hazelnut
1/4 tsp salt
1 package baking powder for sweets
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder for sweets and ground almonds in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a seperate bowl combine butter, sugar, eggs. Mix under fully combined.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and kneed until the dough has fully come together.
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal part. Wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Remove dough and roll out each piece of dough into a rectangular, about 1/2 cm thick. Mark the half way point on piece of dough. This will determine the size of your Biscotti.
7. Using a piping bag, spread about 1/2 cup Nutella on 1 half of each rectangle. Leave about 1 cm of space in order to be able to close the biscotti.
8. Fold over the other half of the dough over the Nutella and seal the edges firmly.
9. Bake for 15-18 min or until lightly golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool fully before slicing.
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
12. Use a serrated knife, slice biscotti to desired thickness
13. Keep refrigerated.
A first generation Italian Canadian with a love for food and the Italian Lifestyle.